Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Day 41 in Ecuador

As of this morning, Dale and I had planned on going to the coast this evening. However, plans always seem to change down here. After breakfast, Dale and I walked to the local bus station to buy a ticket for the night bus that leaves for the coast. When we were talking to the lady we realized that we had forgotten our Passports, so we went back to la Casablanca to get them. On our way back we realized that this trip didn't seem worth it. We would waste about 2 days of traveling and we felt that we would be more useful and be able to help out more in Quito, so we decided to stay. Once we made that decision both of us commentated how it felt like a weight was lifted off our shoulders and that we felt at peace with that decision.
Laguna de Cuicocha

Also on our way back, I needed to stop at the local tienda to buy some milk and eggs. I decided to go to the tienda I don't usually go to and I got to talk to the two ladies there about what we are doing here. I got to share about Inca Link and also about Cumbre Alta and how our goal is to spread the love of Christ throughout the team. I always love these short opportunities to share more about Christ and hopefully impact these ladies some way.

Mejia's horse, Bambino
Once back at la Casablanca, Dale and I got back to work. We first started by finished an Investing Policy that Joseph had wanted us to write. Once that was done, we were going to finish the financial report for missionaries as well but could not access Quickbooks because I needed to register for it. We decided to take a break and wait for Joseph to respond. Around 12:00, I went for a run while Dale rested because he wasn't feeling that well. I then had some lunch and showered and Dale and I got back to work eventually around 2:00.

Joseph had emailed back and helped me to register with Quickbooks so we were now able to finish the financial report. It took us the rest of the afternoon to get this done and sent to Joseph. Once finished, we were able to relax some more and also get some much needed laundry done. At 6:00, I went with most of the interns to this nice restaurant that sells delicious personal pizzas. It was a very nice dinner and a fun time to get to hang out with the interns more. We made our way back and finished the night watching Netflix together.

All in all, today was a good day. It didn't finished was we were expecting but Dale and I both feel that God wants us here in Quito to be able to serve Him more in ministries we are helping with. Praise God for His perfect plan for us! 

Also as I look back on the day, I realize that I have problems with resting. I can do it for maybe an hour but then I just start to feel restless or I feel like I should be doing something. Be praying that when time for rest comes, I am able to enjoy it and use it in the way God wants. 

Thanks for all your prayers while I have been down here! God continues to show Himself in so many ways and it is just amazing to see. Keep the prayers coming!

Dios Bendiga,
Nico

2 comments:

  1. Rest is important and part of God's plan. :) I struggle with that also. It's not just the absence of activity. It's being refreshed and recharged. I will pray you can experience true rest in the midst of your busy schedule. Amor, Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that 3 of us that struggle with resting, but God even rested to show its value! 2 weeks yet my friend, finish strong and we hope to win a softball championship when you return!!

    ReplyDelete