Friday, July 10, 2015

Day 44 in Ecuador

If you saw my dad's comment on my post yesterday, you will know that I had gotten sick overnight. It was definitely a rough, long night but God was with me through it all. I got out of bed around 7:30 and still wasn't feeling great, but Dale and I still decided to do some work in the morning in our room. We worked for about 2.5 hours and then Dale left to go to a pro soccer game with Gustavo. I, unfortunately, still wasn't feeling great and needed to rest so I stayed back.

I had a great 2 hour nap and started to feel better once I woke up. I then spent the rest of the afternoon resting in my room, watching some netflix, and drinking lots and lots of water. I took another nap in the evening, showered and then went downstairs to relax with some interns. I started to feel worse as the evening went on and Mabe then forced me to drink some chamomile tea which actually helped a lot. Dale and I then got to watch US beat Haiti in the Gold Cup and we headed to bed.

So obviously today wasn't the greatest day in Ecuador. Being sick isn't fun at all and I struggled to choose joy through it. Praise God for His grace and for helping me get through this crappy day! I am blessed by all the people that helped take care of me while I wasn't feeling well. God's timing is perfect. His plan is perfect. Something I need to constantly remind myself especially when days like today happen. Thanks for your prayers!

Dios Bendiga,
Nico

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful for the people God placed there to help take care of you. :) I'm praying today will be a much better day. Amor, Papa

    P.S. Maybe you should stop cleaning those disgusting bathrooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be well in Jesus name, Nich!! I agree with tu papa, either stay away or wear a mask in the banos!:) Praying for you like crazy this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete