Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day 46 in Ecuador

Mejia trying to hide
This Sunday began with another wonderful night of sleep, which felt great. I spent the morning reading some more about Elijah, making myself some breakfast, and just relaxing. I found myself struggling again with feelings of homesickness this morning, which I prayed for God to take away so that I could effectively serve today. It got better as the day went on and as I reflect back on the day, I definitely see how God helped me today.

Around 10:20, Dale and I left to go to the bus station where we were supposed to meet one of the Cumbre Alta players, Rolando, at 10:30. After some miscommunication, we finally met up with him at around 11:00 and then had Mejia meet us and drive us to La Luz. Here we met up with Dani who was the third Cumbre Alta player that would be joining us for the day. So we ended up being 30 minutes late to church, but that happens to be very common in Latin America so it turned out alright.

Dale performing a punishment after losing a card game
After the service was over, we made our way back to la Casablanca to make them some brunch, which was pancakes, bacon, and eggs. We got to talk about the service with them for a bit which they seemed to enjoy. They also seemed to really appreciate us cooking for them which was awesome too. Mejia had to leave to go to a soccer game, so we said goodbye to him. After he left, Dale, Rolando, Dani and I all played a card game and then went outside to play some soccer. We finished with some soccer volleyball which had to end because I accidently headed the ball over the wall. So Dani and Rolando then ended up leaving because Dani had to study for some final exams he has.

Once the players left, Dale and I had a chance to relax and just talk which was really nice. Then we watched two videos that Fabi had shared on my Facebook wall which sort of stemmed from the conversations we were having with Mabe and Fabi last night. I would definitely encourage you to check out the videos on my wall, they are really good!

I then was able to Skype my parents a final time before I head home. It was really nice to see them again and get to talk through how we are doing! Once we hung up, I ate some dinner and then spent the rest of the evening hanging out with the interns here. It was very nice to have a relaxing, fun evening with the interns, especially since these nights with them are coming to an end.

Once again, another great day here in Ecuador. Even though I was struggling with some homesickness, God really worked through my weakness and helped me to serve and have a fun day. I could definitely use prayer throughout this week that I wouldn't let my excitement to go home hinder my last week of service here. I really want to give it my all this last week and just follow in whatever plans God may have!

Dios Bendiga,
Nico

2 comments:

  1. Praying for peace and strength in your last week or so...you got this Nich with Gods Help! Wears learning at VBS that nothing is impossible with God!!! Love you man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great talking with you last evening! I will be praying for you this week! Trust God for the plans he has for you as your time there comes to an end. Enjoy every moment! Amor, Papa

    ReplyDelete